Solid, filling and a great for-you fajitas chicken burrito bowl ready in minutes! fresh with new fixings and mind blowing flavor thanks to your number one dressing, these burrito bowls are the ideal illustration of a sound, generous feast .
The marinade is so incredible, you don’t need to marinate the chicken for long at all! 5 minutes or overnight, customise it to your specific needs, then sear or grill chicken until beautifully charred on the outer edges, while juicy and tender on the inside.
burrito bowl dinner prep:
Really like to dinner prep as opposed to serving your burrito bowl as a primary feast? Don’t worry about it!
Have every one of your new fixings partitioned into 4-6 compartments.
Cook your chicken, peppers and rice — permit to cool and separation into holders.
Set up your dressing and fill more modest serving of mixed greens dressing compartments to keep away from your burrito bowl going soaked.
Save your avocado until prepared to serve.
What can you add to Fajitas chicken burrito bowl?
A good burrito bowl can really contain anything you like. Don’t let the long ingredients list daunt you! Just imagine all of the flavour in one bowl.
For this recipe, we used
- Cilantro lime rice — or cauliflower rice. You could also use quinoa, brown rice or minute rice.
- Black beans — substitute with red beans, chick peas, or refried beans
- Corn — fresh, canned or frozen
- Red onion — or green onion slices
- Red and yellow pepper (capsicum) strips
- Avocado slices
Is chicken burrito bowl healthy?
Indeed, they are! Even with protein, carbs and solid fats. You can make them lower in carbs by trading out the rice for Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice and leaving out the corn.
I’ve made this recipe a couple of times now and it’s perfect for cooking up on summer days and then dividing out the portions into meal containers for lunches or dinners for the next several days.
STORING LEFTOVER BURRITO BOWLS:
Burrito bowls can last about 5 days in the refrigerator. The cooked ingredients can be stored together (chicken, rice, bell peppers). This will allow you to reheat them in the microwave all together. I suggest storing the chilled components in separate containers (lettuce, beans, corn, onion), so they will stay as fresh as possible.
If you try this chicken burrito bowl recipe, let me know in comments.
looking for other chicken recipes? check these :
Sides Serving Ideas for Fajitas chicken burrito bowl recipes:
Fajitas chicken burrito bowl
For The Chicken And Peppers:
For The Rice:
For Burrito Bowl:
- In a large shallow bowl, mix lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro. Add the chicken thighs and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat . Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through (about 8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillets). Flip them a couple of times while cooking .
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest.Add the peppers to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until soft . Season with salt and pepper.
Combine together the rice, chicken stock (or broth), and garlic in a pot over high heat. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover with a lid until the rice is cooked through.
- Fluff up rice with a fork and mix through lime juice and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together to combine.
- Combine lettuce, beans, corn, onion and peppers into 4 bowls. Slice chicken into strips and arrange into bowls. Top each with avocado slices and drizzle with dressing.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 441
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 17g27%
- Saturated Fat 2g10%
- Cholesterol 2mg1%
- Sodium 468mg20%
- Potassium 248mg8%
- Total Carbohydrate 47g16%
- Dietary Fiber 12g48%
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 12g24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.