This carrot salad recipe with raisins is fun to eat because of its crunchy texture, and the raisins give it a slightly sweet flavor. Plus, the dish is easy to prepare.
For winter occasions, you can supplant the raisins with dried cranberries. Pineapple pieces are a fantastic expansion too, particularly with a Christmas or Easter ham supper. Despite the fact that the plate of mixed greens is a straightforward readiness with only a couple of essential fixings, the flavors are astonishing.
This salad is a cousin to coleslaw can be served right away, but also keeps well in the fridge for an hour or two if you want to get your dinner side dish prepped and crossed off the list.
If you want to make it further ahead, grate the carrots and prep the apples, then toss them with a bit of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to prevent browning. Wait to combine with the mayo until closer to serving.
The Best Carrots for Carrot Salad recipe with raisins:
Try to begin with the best carrots you can find. Here is where purchasing natural or from a rancher’s market truly has an effect in taste.
Carrots, being root vegetables, are not just more delectable when they are filled in fertilizer rich soil, however they are more supplement rich too.
Why you will love this carrot salad recipe with raisins:
- five Ingredients: Just carrots, raisins, and a few ingredients for the creamy and tangy sweet salad dressing.
- Fast and Easy: Mix everything up in one bowl for this carrot raisin salad recipe. It takes less than 5 minutes to make.
- Healthy:Carrots are packed with vitamins, fiber, and vegetable goodness.
carrot salad recipe with raisins Ingredients:
- 4 cups shredded carrots:You’ll require around 4 cups of destroyed carrots. Utilize a crate grater, or a food processor with a grinding plate. I like a bigger measured shred for this recipe. For an easy route, purchase carrots previously destroyed at the supermarket. Simply know that the surface will be greatly improved assuming you utilize newly ground carrots.
- 3/4- 1-1/2 cups raisins:Regular raisins are perfect, and I like the way their dark color looks against the orange carrots. Substitute golden raisins if that’s what you have at home.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise: This is the base of our salad dressing and makes this a creamy, delicious side.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons 2% milk
carrot salad recipe with raisins Add-Ons:
Use apple juice vinegar as opposed to lemon juice.
Discard the sugar and add 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of honey.
Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of depleted pineapple lumps or depleted squashed pineapple notwithstanding the raisins.
Strip, center, and slash or shred a medium sweet apple and add it to the serving of mixed greens alongside the raisins.
Supplant the raisins with dried cranberries or “Craisins.”
Add around 4 to 5 tablespoons of whitened fragmented almonds or sunflower seeds for some additional crunch.
Add around 1 cup of destroyed green or purple cabbage to the carrots. Simply remember purple cabbage will variety the mayonnaise, so it ought to be added not long prior to serving.
Apples: A diced tart apple is delicious added in too.
Other Dried Fruit: Try substituting dried cranberries (craisins) or dried blueberries for the raisins.
carrot salad recipe with raisins Tips:
Make It Ahead: Set up the serving of mixed greens as long as 48 hours ahead of time. Cover the bowl and keep the plate of mixed greens refrigerated until spending time in jail.
Other Healthy Salads to try:
How to make carrot salad recipe with raisins
Mix the first 4 ingredients. Stir in enough milk to reach desired consistency. Refrigerate until serving.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 122
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 5g8%
- Saturated Fat 1g5%
- Cholesterol 1mg1%
- Sodium 76mg4%
- Total Carbohydrate 19g7%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 1g2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.