This Air Fryer Meatballs is for you. These air broiled hamburger meatballs are delicious, completely round and done in a short time!Perfect for a sandwich twist or a side dish with some rice or healthy green veggie salad!
Why to try air fryer meatballs :
Like so many other air fryer recipes, this is my favorite way to prepare meatballs.It’s easy and healthy;Everyone will love it for sure.
this recipe is basic so these meatballs will work on there own or with any dish you are preparing.
Cooking the meatballs in the Air Fryer is more straightforward than cooking them on the oven or in the broiler. They won’t go to pieces since you need to deal with them less, they stay impeccably ball-molded, and brown equally.
Air Fryer Meatball Ingredients:
You will need some basic Ingredients for this beef meatballs:
2-An Egg:The all-important binding agent.
3-Some BreadCrumbs:Helps keep the meatballs moist. I used Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs for the extra flavor they add.
5-Some fresh seasonings(salt,pepper..):An easy way to incorporate an array of herbs and spices that give the recipe an Italian flair.
Meatballs cooking temperature is 400º F(205º C).
Air fried meatballs will take 12-15 minutes depending on your air fryer and the size of your meatballs.
Step By Step For Cooking Beef Meatballs Recipe:
mix ground meat, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, salt, pepper and preparing.
Splash air fryer crate with nonstick.
Fold meat into 12-14 golfball size meatballs. Place meatballs into air fryer crate.
Check at 12 minutes, cook 2-3 additional minutes if necessary. Cooking time will rely upon air fryer and size of meatballs.
Step By Step to making thes air fryer meatballs:
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, salt, pepper and seasoning.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick.
- Roll meat into 12-14 golfball size meatballs. Place meatballs into air fryer basket. (depending on size of air fryer this may require 2 batches)
- Put Air fry on 400ºF for 12 minutes. Check at 12 minutes, cook 2-3 more minutes if needed. Cooking time will depend on air fryer and size of meatballs.
frozen meatballs in air fryer Tips And Variations:
- Avoid over-mixing the mixture since that usually results in tough meatballs. I recommend using your hands to combine the ingredients.
- I prefer to preheat my Air Fryer. Cooking times are more accurate this way, and food cooks more evenly.
- You don’t need to use additional oil in this recipe. The meat mixture contains enough fat, so the meatballs fry in their own fat.
- Instead of using only ground beef , you can also use 1 pound ground beef, and 1/2 pound ground veal. This combination is what authentic Italian meatball recipes usually call for.
- Instead of plain breadcrumbs, you can also use Italian-style breadcrumbs.
how long to cook meatballs in air fryer:
The meatballs are cooked through when they arrive at 160 degrees F inside. I suggest utilizing a read thermometer since it prevents overcooking, which brings about dry and hard meat. But usually,cooking time is approximately 10-12 minutes.
For gluten free air fryer meatballs, swap the Italian breadcrumbs for a gluten free variety.
Air fryer turkey meatballs Storage and Freezing:
Let the cooked meatballs cool to room temperature, then put in a ziplock bag and freeze them for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the fridge overnight or reheat frozen meatballs in marinara sauce on the stove until they are heated through.
Side Dishes Ideas :
- With Pasta: A classic (and my personal favorite) way to serve air fryer meatballs.
- On Pizza:Whether you’re making Caulliflower Pizza , you can upgrade pizza night by adding sliced meatballs.
- On a Sandwich:Turn air fryer meatballs into a sandwich by tucking them between two slices of bread with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce.
- As an Appetizer:Serve these tasty meatballs with toothpicks for an easy appetizer.
- In Soup: Bulk up your Soup by adding some meatballs.
These are the best sides for the meatballs:
Subscribe to our newsletter below to get the latest recipes!
How to make Easy Air Fryer Meatballs
Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, salt, pepper and seasoning.
Spray air fryer basket with nonstick.
Roll meat into 12-14 golfball size meatballs. Place meatballs into air fryer basket. (depending on size of air fryer this may require 2 batches)
Put Air fry on 400ºF for 12 minutes. Check at 12 minutes, cook 2-3 more minutes if needed. Cooking time will depend on air fryer and size of meatballs.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 239
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 14g22%
- Saturated Fat 5g25%
- Trans Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 99mg33%
- Sodium 179mg8%
- Total Carbohydrate 4g2%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 22g44%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.